TAPD- Texas Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
What Is A Pediatric Dentist?
The pediatric dentist has an extra two to three years of specialized training after dental school, and is dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through the teenage years. The very young, pre-teens, and teenagers all need different approaches in dealing with their behavior, guiding their dental growth and development, and helping them avoid future dental problems. The pediatric dentist is best qualified to meet these needs.
This site has some excellent information about a wide range or oral health care questions including
- Useful Information:
- Perinatal & Infant Oral Health
- Your Child’s First Dental Visit
- When Will My Baby Start Getting Teeth?
- Baby Bottle Tooth Decay (Early Childhood Caries)
- Sippy Cups
- Care of Your Child’s Teeth
- Good Diet = Healthy Teeth
- How Do I Prevent Cavities?
- Seal Out Decay
- Mouth Guards
- Xylitol – Reducing Cavities
- Adolescent Dentistry:
- Tongue Piercing – Is it Really Cool?
- Tobacco – Bad News in Any Form
The link is found here